Maternal & Newborn Health
- Assisted over 21,000 referred pregnant women with
potential complications to deliver safely through SNEHA-initiated referral networks.
- Reached out to nearly 4,500 pregnant women through
home visits, providing periodic counselling during pregnancy and after childbirth.
- Trained over 3,000 public healthcare providers (doctors
and nurses) on clinical aspects of maternal and neonatal care and effective communication.
- Trained over 2,900 government outreach workers over
the years to address maternal and neonatal health in communities.
Child Health & Nutrition
- Screened about 24,000 children under
3 years children for malnutrition in Dharavi.
- Counsel 4200 pregnant women on Antenatal Care (ANC)
and Infant and Young Child Feeding indicators (IYCF).
- Reduced wasting in less than 2 year old children by 18%
between 2011 - 2014.
- Provides continuous training and capacity building to over 500 government health
workers, improving uptake of Government 'Take Home Rations' to pregnant women and
children by 40%.
Empowerment, Health & Sexuality of Adolescents (EHSAS)
- Provided health and life skills education to over 10,000
adolescents and youth.
- Provided vocational training to over 5,000 youth.
- Percentage increase in knowledge on gender and health amongst adolescents was 20% and 21% in of of our
- Anaemia pilot study initiated among 300 adolescents.
- Formation of 10 volunteer youth groups, involving
about 120 children for reportage on prevention on violence and community advocacy.
Prevention of Violence Against Women & Children
- Addressed over 5,000 cases of violence.
- Trained and sensitized 4,500 police officers and
cadets in Mumbai.
- Trained over 2,100 public hospital staff to identify
violence victims among patients.
- Set up 3 Women's OPDs in large public hospitals for
counselling and crisis intervention.
- 300 Community Women volunteers (Sanginis) trained
to identify, intervene and refer cases of Gender Based Violence (GBV).
- Work with 120 men to identify to intervene and liase
with the public system to report cases of sexual violence in the public domain.