Prevention of Violence against Women and Children (PVWC) aims to provide services
through crisis intervention and counselling to women and children facing violence
in their immediate environment. This program also works with those who face problems
due to their sexual orientation, their disability and their occupation.
The program achieves this by working with slum communities forming empowered women's
groups. We also collaborate and network with the police and the legal system to
prevent, report and address violence
- 7,48,000 lakh people reached through our work in the community and via campaigns
to educate them on violence as a human rights issue
- 216 youth volunteers have been trained on issues on gender and sexuality and have
been participating in campaigns by propagating to make violence against women and
have been participating in campaigns by propagating to make violence a serious public
- 105 SNEHA Sanginis have been trained in crisis intervention and counseling in the
- 514 women crisis intervention and offered counseling to
- 52 cases Family counseling helped to resolve inter family conflicts and to negotiate
for a violence free life for the woman
- 6 out of 11 cases under PWDVA Act have received protection orders.
- The Women's OPDi is s a joint initiative of the Forensic Department and Psychiatric
Department of Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital and Society
for Nutrition, Education and Health Action (SNEHA). The OPD offers multi - disciplinary
crisis intervention and supportive counselling services to women and children facing
violence in the absence of such essential services, not provided by the public hospital
Read our "Stories of Change"